Friday 31 May 2013

Day 29 ! Frame Method


I heart Frame. Everyone who I’ve met that’s been to Frame hearts Frame. I wish I started Frame. I wish I was Frame. Well, that makes no sense, you think, but hear me out. Frame is cool, it’s fun, it’s done joint ventures with Sweaty Betty (love) and Lulu Lemon (love, but will it ever go on sale?) and it cloned itself. It simply embodies happy, healthy fitness. The only thing it’s done that I’m glad I haven’t (I think) is expanding and doubling in size in December 2012 (of it’s first Shoreditch studio).

Anyway, jealousies aside, the cheerful experience with Frame doesn’t just start when you arrive at the studio, no siree, it starts when you’re booking your class. The website if bright, happy and easy to use (though not entirely work-computer-screen-inconspicuous-friendly – there could be a nekked man stretched on the beach when you hit the homepage). You can top up your pay as you go card (genius! why other places don’t do this is beyond me) online, book classes online up to at least an hour before and spend ages looking through the colour coded (still workplace unfriendly) timetable. And, as with Day 13 Princess Warrior, the classes all sound f.u.n.

Just for the record, I paid good old Scottish pounds (it’s legal tender I’ll have you know) for my class and Frame has not bribed me in any way for this review. And I’ll warn you now that I already have my eye on a couple more classes at Frame – I challenge you to look at their timetable and not be tempted by a number of their classes. Unless you don’t actually like fitness or exercise in which case you are probably looking for Willy Fog’s website and stumbled across here by accident. (But hey, have a look at The HitList since you’re here– maybe there’s a class you might fancy!).

So, today was Frame Method. There are 3 signature Frame classes and after some research and deliberation, I chose the one that basically had the most convenient timing for me today (is that not one of the main considerations of anyone?). The class was led by Instructor Holly, who was such a petite and sweet teacher that you just couldn’t bring yourself to silently curse her (we’ve all done it to teachers – maybe blaming someone for you pain is a pain diversion tactic) even as your arms were about to drop off or legs were going numb from all the pulsing and non-stop reps. It’s a tough job being an instructor – you have to make the class work but it’s always worth it so they hate/love you at the same time. But instructor Holly was an incredibly attentive teacher, going round the class to correct postures but constantly engaging with the class and counting sets of 8 in between words of encouragement. By the end of the class, after arm pulsing, leg pulsing, body pulsing, more leg pulsing, I felt tired but not exhausted but after speaking with another girl in the class, she warned that last time she tried the Frame Method class she couldn't walk the next day (in a good, satisfying way). That's when you know you've worked out and can go Yeah! Grr!

The Need To Know:
- Where: Frame Shoreditch
- Nearest Station: Shoreditch High Street (4mins)
- When: Various classes all day, 7 days
- How Much: £4.50-£15 depending on class type/length and if you have a top-up card, else all-inclusive memberships available
- Special Note: You can purely pay as you go but it’s worth having a to-up card to benefit from slightly cheaper per class fees.
  
The Want to Know:
- Who’s it For: For those who want a low-intensity, low-impact but serious toning class
- Sweat Scale: 5/10.
- Strength / Cardio / Flexi / Tone: Serious toning
- Complexity: 6/10
- Fun Factor: 7/10
- Changing Facilities: A few showers and toilets in the changing rooms
- Instructor Inspiration: 8/10.

The Stats:
- Total Time: 59mins
- Calories Burnt: 148 (Not a high calorie burning but unsurprising for a toning focused class)
- Average Heart Rate: 96
- Max Heart Rate: 137 



Instructor Holly (and a funny looking me)

The Frame Studio (corner)


1 comment:

  1. You blog provide a very important details about the health and fitness i really appreciate it.
    fitness mayfair

    ReplyDelete